I'm totally uncomfortable with the fact that it's August 7th, just thought I'd put that out there.
I think Micheal and I have pretty much decided we're not going to dive into any major projects over the weekends since we only have a few left until I leave. So the "weekend updates" might be a little slim but hopefully I'll have fun stuff to post during the week!
We did pick up a new piece of furniture this weekend (I know, I know...) - but how could I pass this up for $15?? I'm gonna flip it, I swear.
We're gonna try out some new products that get good reviews on the blogosphere. Howard's Restor-A-Finish and Feed-N-Wax.
I also used Floorplanner.com to create a mock-up of my apartment in Wilmington. Just a beginning plan but gives you an idea of what I'll be working with - the bedroom is pretty small but the living space makes up for it so I'm excited to decorate!
What We Learned
- Don't go for a walk the night before garbage day when it's 95 degrees out. Phew.
- The "small frosty" rule now must be applied to the champagne drinking. "Small Champagne."
- People can still have stupid teenager "firsts" well into their 20's.
- Disassembling the guest bed to take with me was a mini gut-punch.
- Our neighbors are doing some DIY and it's "[our] fault" - we inspire! Woo hoo!
- Latex paint continues to be sticky or tacky for up to months when used on furniture because of "blocking."
- I'm (Kari) stronger than I look. :)