Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Update 8/7/11 & WWL

I'm totally uncomfortable with the fact that it's August 7th, just thought I'd put that out there.

I think Micheal and I have pretty much decided we're not going to dive into any major projects over the weekends since we only have a few left until I leave. So the "weekend updates" might be a little slim but hopefully I'll have fun stuff to post during the week!

We did pick up a new piece of furniture this weekend (I know, I know...) - but how could I pass this up for $15?? I'm gonna flip it, I swear.



We're gonna try out some new products that get good reviews on the blogosphere. Howard's Restor-A-Finish and Feed-N-Wax.

I also used Floorplanner.com to create a mock-up of my apartment in Wilmington. Just a beginning plan but gives you an idea of what I'll be working with - the bedroom is pretty small but the living space makes up for it so I'm excited to decorate!



What We Learned
  1. Don't go for a walk the night before garbage day when it's 95 degrees out. Phew.
  2. The "small frosty" rule now must be applied to the champagne drinking. "Small Champagne."
  3. People can still have stupid teenager "firsts" well into their 20's.
  4. Disassembling the guest bed to take with me was a mini gut-punch.
  5. Our neighbors are doing some DIY and it's "[our] fault" - we inspire! Woo hoo!
  6. Latex paint continues to be sticky or tacky for up to months when used on furniture because of "blocking."
  7. I'm (Kari) stronger than I look. :)

No comments: