I'm kind of looking at the past 10 days like a mini-bootcamp for parenting. :) Granted I got to be the "cool aunt" and let him stay up, drink soda, say "yes" to a lot of cool things, but I also learned the more you say yes, the more you have to say no! We did LOTS of fun things and I took TONS of pictures, so prepare yourself. :)
Cost: Free! (Map $2.00)
Outside Food & Drink: Yes!
Hours: 10am to 6pm
Metro: Woodley Park or Cleveland Park Stops
On the way home we stopped at a frozen yogurt place, this is what Ezra got...
Outside Food/Drink: We brought our own lunch and ate in the cafe
Hours: 10am to 5:30pm (was open late our day until 7:00)
Metro: Smithsonian Metro Stop
Tips: Butterfly house is FREE on Tuesdays!
The Butterfly House was free on Tuesdays so we checked it out, it was truly amazing!
I even made a friend. :)
There are two buildings for the Air & Space museum, one on the National Mall and one by Dulles Airport. We were told that the one by Dulles was much better so we trekked out there.
Cost: "Free" ($15 to park!)
Outside Food & Drink: No, McDonalds
Tips: Flight simulator $8/pp and other VR machines $7/pp
And the "coup de gras" the test space shuttle!
Cost: $25/adult regular admission $20/child regular admission (you can add dolphin show and 4D immersion for extra.) Parking garage $20 - $3 coupon=$17.
Outside Food or Drink: No, Cafe
Tips: Buy your ticket online and go on weekdays!
I love these guys...
Check out these fish!! They "spit" their prey off of low hanging branches!
After this we went for a paddle boat ride on the inner harbor, Ezra gave up paddling after about.....5 minutes. :)
WHEW!! Alright, and WWL this week:
- All nine year olds should try out for Jeopordy because they KNOW everything. Duh.
- Bedtime is very exciting.
- When I was referred to as "mom" I felt old but when the waiter called us "family" it made me feel warm and fuzzy.
- According to Micheal my purse is simply an extension of his pocket.
- Never take a 9 year old to a thrift store when he has money to burn, the have LOTS of CHEAP junk!
- Re-reading a chapter book from childhood with a kiddo is super cool.
- Having my mom come was the BEST idea ever!
- My sister Jolene is SUPER WOMAN! How she does this with four kids under 10 on a regular basis I'll never know (really, no more than 2 for me people!)
- When your alternator fries it can mess up the rest of the systems on your car.
- The more you say yes the more you have to say no! (Ah positive reinforcement at it's best!)
- If you don't plan on buying anything either avoid the gift shop altogether or go first so you get the disappointment out of the way early.
- Ezra's favorite part of the Air and Space museum was getting bacon on his cheeseburger.
- The word "technically" should be removed from the English dictionary.
- None of those little annoyances really matter, because man we had a good time!