Monday, January 18, 2010

What we learned this weekend

This weekend was kind of a bust for home renovations, which stinks since it was a 3 day weekend. Micheal had to go into work on Saturday, I had to work the NBC4 Health Fair on Sunday and we had to grocery shop today. Oh well, it happens right? We did get a few things done - Micheal got a start on our floating shelves and we worked on some of the finishing paint touches in the bedroom.

So what we learned...

1. I hate HATE hate trying to trim in between the ceiling and the wall. This to me is an impossible task.

2. I want to submit my kitchen to a DIY show that will come fix it all for me.

3. There are NO self car washes in DC - 17 bucks later my car is clean.

4. When you are getting sick the motivation to do manual labor on your house decreases exponentially.

5. 12 grocery bags, 1 bag of fabric, and a case of Dr Pepper might be our limit for one trip from car to house. (Although it won't stop us from trying with 13 bags!)

And since I'm the one getting sick this is all I've got for today. I almost forgot about it since it doesn't feel like a Monday!

Upcoming:

-We got our ceiling fan!! Hoping to put that up soon.
-Micheal got our 3 panel doors!! We will be sanding, painting and installing them soon.
-How to make your own floating shelves!

No comments: