Sunday, December 13, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

It's a year of firsts for Micheal and I including our first Christmas as a married couple, our first Christmas in our first home and our first Christmas with both of us away from our families.

The first two are of course very exciting and we’re trying to embrace that excitement to distract from missing our families this holiday season.  As we have always celebrated Christmas with our families we don’t have a ton of Christmas decorations for this huge house, but I’m trying to make due with what we’ve got!

I have ALWAYS been a “real tree” kinda girl when it comes to Christmas trees.  Unfortunately we found out two years ago that Micheal is very allergic to real trees so we went for a fake tree this year.  My beef with fake trees is that I don’t think they can ever really look real no matter how much money you spend.  So instead of getting the standard fake tree I went for what I’m referring to as a “decorative statement” – a beautiful white tree!

White Christmas Tree 

For the past two years we’ve been buying a few new special ornaments each Christmas to add to our tree.  We seem to be gravitating towards vintage looking metal ornaments.

Ornaments 2009

Snowman Present Ornament

Santa Ornament

The kitties have been getting into the spirit as well…

DSC02245 DSC02252 DSC02269

No comments: