Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What we learned this week(end)

Better late than never right?? I was on a mini-vaca in Richmond this weekend so Micheal and I were separate and there was no major work done on the house. I did do some work at Laura's though, so some of these are inspired from those adventures.

1. Never caulk when angry - it never turns out good and it might look like someone pooed all over your window...

2. Brown caulk + white window = (see lesson 1)

3. It turns out that not only are the endless leaves annoying (albeit decorative) they are bad for my health as well. The doc says that stagnant leaves during the rainy fall breed mold during the rain/dry/rain/dry cycle. Yuck.

4. Grocery shopping in 3 inch heels after working a 11 hour day SUCKS. I totally need to pack alternative shopping shoes.

5. Respect the power of spray foam! When they say it expands it REALLY expands...

This picture doesn't even do it justice - this had been just sprayed at the back of the hole and kept growing...and growing...

6. My hair was ALMOST long enough to donate at 8.5 inches being cut off...but not quite. :( (Oh yeah...I cut off all my hair!)

1 comment: