Saturday, November 14, 2009

Gave up

So as you probably noticed I gave up on the NaBlaPoMo - why? Because it was stressing me out and I have plenty in my life to be stressed out about and blogging definitely should not be one of them. :)

But I haven't fallen off the face of the earth and if it would STOP RAINING I could take some nice pictures of all the things we have gotten done!

This weekend I took over my friend Laura's apartment and put some of my DIY skills to the test without Micheal. She lives in a renovated school house converted to lofts:

Her apartment is fabulous with exposed brick, modern decor and huge windows.

Unfortunately those windows are old, cold, and leaky single-paned windows that cause her living room to be a rather frigid place to hang out and her energy bills to be ridiculous. So what did we do? We sealed those bad boys with window caulk. It was definitely a process of caulking - feeling for drafts - caulking - feeling for drafts...rinse, repeat etc.

We are about finished and I think we did a pretty good job of cutting down on the cold air flow. There is still one draft that eludes me that I vow to get before I leave. :) We're also going to add curtains to help insulate against single-pane coldness.

Laura, thanks for the place to stay while I was in town! Hope your energy bills treat you better this year!

No comments: