Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What we learned this weekend (late Wednesday edition)

Wow, this is the longest I've slacked but I feel like I have good reasons. :) The baby shower went off without a hitch this weekend! I don't have any pictures because I used the mom-to-be's fancy DSLR camera and am waiting for her to post them.

After the baby shower I worked furiously to finish up my first draft of my dissertation proposal! It was submitted Monday evening and we celebrated with nice bottle of red wine, hence the no WWL post on Monday. :) Yesterday...I was just lazy.

So without further ado...WWL:

1. I really want a DSLR camera...they are fabulous.

2. My husband is amazing (okay so I already knew this, hence the marrying him thing) - he painted, cleaned, hung, kitty-wrangled... All in all he was just fabulous.

3. You are your own worst critic. I got a lot of compliments on the house, someone even said "what do you have left to do?" HA!

4. Some strategically placed curtains and closed doors can make your house seem much more put together and finished than it really is - the art of distraction!

5. My baking soda went bad, this = flaaaaat cupcakes. Good thing I did a test run!

6. Chocolate chips float really well in devil's food cake.

7. We work much better with deadlines - so much got done working towards the shower!

Upcoming post: How to make floating shelves!

1 comment:

Ashley @ Decorating Obsessed said...

Glad everything went well. I can't wait to see the floating shelves!