1. That even on Christmas we can’t keep from doing some sort of home reno.
2. That working on the house CONTINUES to be SO much more appealing than working on our dissertations.
3. You shouldn’t ignore big lumps in the wall when you’re painting, even if you’re totally burnt out and want it to be done. Later it can come back to bite you in the ass!
4. Painting will never, ever be perfect…no matter how hard you try/how OCD you are/how many tools you have. It just won’t be.
5. Our stupid uninsulated walls are not only cold but destructive.
6. There was an office underneath all my crap – who knew?? (No comments from the peanut gallery…(mom))
7. Each graduate student kills like 2.4 million trees during their college tenure.